Microbes are an important component of our ecosystem. They contribute to everything from the nature around us to the food we eat. But, how much do we really know about these micro-organisms? In this collection of lectures, we provide a snapshot of fascinating stories about microbes, from cheese ecosystems to bacterial warfare.
- The Termite Gut and its Symbiotic Microbes
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa Survives with a Gut Reaction
- The Human Microbiome: Are We More Microbial than Human?
- The Hawaiian Bobtail Squid - Vibrio fischeri Association
- Mammalian Gut Microbiota
- Tiny Conspiracies: Chemical Communication
- Food for Thought: Cheese as a Model Microbial Ecosystem